Monday, November 08, 2004

Momma wisdom

I don't know, do you think my mom is trying to tell me something?

"Don't you care about my happiness?"

"Oh, Maria from church is getting married on Dec. 5th. Her mother must be so happy."

"I take it all back. You can marry anyone you want and I won't say a thing. You can even marry someone Jewish."

"You're almost 30...what are you going to do? " (I turned 29 three weeks ago.)

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone who can't speak perfect English."

"Think short shoes...short shoes."

"You don't want your cousins to think you're an old spinster, do you?" (These would be the male cousins that are 41, 38, 25, and 23 and ALL STILL live with their parents. Yeah, I'm related to a bunch of losers. Maybe I'm avoiding marriage so that I don't have to invite them to a wedding.)

"I'll pay for your nanny."

"When you get married, I'll buy you brand new furniture. You want new furniture, don't you?"

"When you were 9 you promised me that you'd be married by the age of 23, you lied."


Do you think I should be worried?




1 comment:

klo said...

darling Bo, I can empathize!!!!!! I am getting the same hassle from even strangeers! It's unbelievable. It's like they can sniff out that you are on a threshold of a new decade and they wish to impose their life on you so as to make themselves feel better! Sweet lord! I even had a girlfriend of mine tell me so I had no choice but to hear it that I was getting old and should be getting my ass down the aisle!!! Big hugs girl, I hear ya!!!