Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Money...Money...Money...(insert Abba song here)

Oh...I've been soooooo good. So good about not buying myself new toys and new shiny things that make me go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

But I finally cracked and went on a mini shopping spree this weekend. I ended buying myself a Garmin Forerunner 201 and I got it at quite the steep discount because they have come out with a newer model (the 205). My sister has this one and highly recommends it. With all the extra running I've been putting in for the Paris Marathon, I thought I would treat myself.

On the marathon front, after losing 3 weeks in early January due to the germies, I'm back in full Paris Marathon training mode. I did 7 miles on Saturday and another 12 on Sunday. I did the 12 miles in about 1:45. So just under a 9 minute mile. 15 miles is on my slate for the weekend. I'm hoping that the weather holds. I HATE running on treadmills. My goal is to get a complete a 4 hr marathon. Knock on much wood.

But this wasn't the end of my shopping fiasco...I purchased this baby yesterday....a Canon Powershot S80!!! Hee Hee Hee....

So this may very well become a photo blog very, very soon....

I also ended up taking advantage of the NY tax free week and purchased a load of snazzy running gear. My old running gear was very very old and needed replacing. I'm really loving Nike's line of Compression Pro Dri-Fit stuff. So light, so wicky, so layery...nice.

1 comment:

ned said...

Rocking in the running world! You rule!!!

Yay!!!!! I'm very excited for your purchases, especially the camera, I'll be expecting loads of digital pictures from here on out. I still don't have one myself, let me know how it treats you. I've been using my "Hello Moto" to take pictures on the fly. So silly!