Wednesday, August 09, 2006

OUCH!!!!

Getting old sucks big time.

I woke up on Monday morning with the most horrible pain in my right hip...turns out I have bursitis. And for those who haven't had bursitis...IT SUCKS! Tha pain in my right hip is currently hovering somewhere between a dull ache to the occassional stabbing bolt of pain that make me want to crumble to the floor.

I'm going to see my Orthopedic Surgeon this Thursday (again!) and have him check it out. I'm going to try and convince him to give me a cortisone shot into my right hip to make the inflammation go away before I leave for Thailand. Doesn't that sound scary? Getting a shot directly into a joint! Bleech.

I tell you...this summer has not been a good health summer for me. Dislocating ankles, mysterious breathing problems, and now bursitis! Ack!

And to top it all off, I found two new grey hairs. They are multiplying I tell ya!

The boy isn't making matters any easier, either. At 45, he keeps reminding me that things are only going to get creakier and creakier. Damnit, I refuse to accept that. Other than the bursitis, I don't think any of my other ailments are due to old age...everyone is susceptible to mystery viruses that decide to take refuge in the back of ones throat. Right?

No comments: