Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Into the dream world of Bo

I had the weirdest dream last night. Do you want to know what happened?

I typically don't dream too much - or rather - I tend not to remember my dreams save for little snippets here and there. The dreams that do stick around are the frantic ones that often wake me up in a start.

It started off with me and a certain recent ex deciding that we needed to get married in one week. I don't remember why we had to get married in one week, but there was a great sense of urgency around the whole thing. I don't think I was pregnant although there was a whole sequence involving all my various friends who are currently pregnant or mothers of babies or toddlers. I don't recall what happens in this sequence except that it is determined that I possess "Baby Whispering" skills. Kind of like being a Horse Whisperer but with babies. In any case, the frantic pace of the dream and craziness steamed not from the immediacy of the nuptuals but the fact that neither of our families had ever met and they wouldn't be meeting until the day of the wedding. We were both freaking out about this.

The day of the wedding arrives. The ceremony is being held in a big red barn on a farm somewhere in PA or OH. For whatever reason we decided not to move the animals out of the barn so the wedding guests are mingling around with the cows and pigs and sheep. Luckily, I don't think it smelled at all in the barn. (I also happen to be vegan in the dream.) The bulk of the dream involves myself and my ex (soon to be dreamworld husband) trying to distract our parents so they don't meet each other. It's a bit like a sitcom. Whenever we bump into a parent or in-law we send them on a wild goose chase. The wedding ceremony begins. My dreamworld fiance is waiting at the alter. As I begin to walk down the aisle, I notice that my exboyfriend-cum-fiance has all of a sudden sprouted a full head of thick curly brown hair (in real life he typically sports a somewhat short julius caesar like haircut and he's mildly balding). This catches me off guard. I'm equally excited to be getting married but apprehensive that our families are meeting and that my soon to be dream husband has a new head of hair. All the while the animals are lingering about minding their own business.

Cut to the honeymoon in some tropical local - Tahiti, Bora Bora - you get the idea. The entire wedding party, including guests, have joined us on the honeymoon. This doesn't bother us so much. However, it's difficult for us to find alone time.

I'm not sure what to make of this dream? Any thoughts?

No comments: