Thursday, September 07, 2006

And the Voice Said...

I realize that since I started this blog some two years ago the readership has expanded beyond the 4 or 5 people I had initially meant to stay in virtual contact with. Those 4 or 5 know who they are.

One thing that I've always been hyperconscious of is the fact that my "voice" is not exactly typical and/or appropriate for any of the personas that I have adopted. I'm not your typical New Yorker (although I come close from time to time), nor do I possess the soulful equinimity of a yoga teacher, the easy cynisism of a corporate MBA twat, the Long Island inflected drawl of a designer shoe obsessed sample sale junky, the pseudo-academic nebishness of a community college lecturer etc... etc...

I always wonder if this lack of consistency ever surprises those individuals who have only known one of my personas.

2 comments:

foo said...

he he he he....you said twat. it's your lack of consistency, that makes you consistent - and I have to say, also one of my most beloved friends - as it takes one to know one.

tony rutt said...

"the easy cynisism of a corporate MBA twat" - wonderful!