Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm Two Years Old

Well, not me exactly. But "Your Daddy Named You Bo" is. Since this blog was born out of my need to document and make sense of one crazy year back in 2003/2004, it has become a tradition for me to look back and summarize some of the changes, accomplishments, disappointments, and all around freaky, wonderful, delicious, heartbreaking, and sparky things that have happened to me in the past year. (That was one grammatically incorrect sentance but I'm not in the mood to correct it. So was that one.)

So, since Sept. 22 of 2005, I:

- Travelled to Thailand and learned to cook Pad Thai, a Chicken Green Curry, Fish Cakes and a few other dishes.
- Got kidnapped in Malaysia.
- Sued a corporation for the first time (well, technically we're-the lawyer and I- still investigating but I'll likely really get the ball rolling very soon)
- Re-entered the for-profit world! SELL OUT! :-P
- Dated someone for more than 3 months (That should probably be number 1 on this list)
- Revisited Paris for the first time in 9 years
- Figured out that I really DO prefer good old film photography to digital (but maybe this has more to do with the fact that I don't have one of those nifty digital SLRs)
- Made a nifty new chum in arms
- Learned that sometimes you really do have to follow the directions that come with the box of pectin (but the pseudo-jam still tastes pretty darn nifty on freshly made Oatmeal Pancakes.)
- Accepted the fact that I really do need to hire a weekly house clearner. I'm just not domestically gifted like that.
- Turned 30!
- Hosted a Thanksgiving dinner in my apartment. Who knew you could actually cook a 10 lb turkey in my itty bitty oven. Not to mention all the fixins.
- Realized that at some point in the future I'm gonna have to get reconstructive ankle surgery (but I'm trying to postpone this until...well until I'm ready to not walk for about three months)
- Competed in my first triathlon (and didn't drown)
- Ran my first marathon (and didn't die)
- Biked all the way from Beacon, NY to New York City (that's about 75 miles!)
- Visited Dia:Beacon (can you tell that my memory works via association?)
- Fell in love with Anna, my Cannondale R800 road bike.

That's about it for now :-P

No comments: