Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Current Events

Can any of you give me some insight into what the heck is going down in Lebanon? One day there's an assassination and next thing you know the pro-Syrian government is ousted. And all of a sudden people are talking about Democracy. Damn, who knew overthrowing a government was that easy? I have some theories of my own about the role of the US government in all of this but I'll keep those thoughts to myself as I don't want to get my ass hauled off by the CIA. I am part North Korean after all. Now, I'm sure Bush is gonna try and take credit for all of this.

So, as I see it, the middle east looks thusly:
Iraq - Basically the American Revolution, but this time we're the British.
Iran - Even Cheney doesn't want to start something with Iran
Israel/Palestine - Do I even have to spell this one out?
Lebanon - Got government?
Syria - I wonder what they are planning?
Sudan - Civil war, genocide, refugees, rebels...basically Hell.
Yemen, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, Algeria, Bahrain, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates - Hmmm, does anyone have any idea what's up with these countries? Did I miss any countries?

Goodness, how can anyone expect to stay current with world events with all this activity? BTW, has anyone else noticed that all of a sudden North Korea has fallen out of media favor?

And yet there was a 12 page Oscar spread in the NY Post. Sigh...

No comments: