Monday, January 03, 2005

Shout out to Momix!

Have you ever:

> Watched an art performance transfixed, unable to blink, divert your gaze, or even breathe?
> Wondered in awe at the potential of the human body and the human imagination?
> Walked out of a theater only to realize that your life is completely altered, your perceptions of reality, time, beauty, and space transformed?

If you have, then you've probably already seen the dance troupe Momix perform. If not, then I say, get thee to the Momix website (www.momix.com) and find out if they will be performing in your 'hood.

It was with great delight that I learned this morning that Momix will once again be visiting New York City in May for several performances at the Joyce Theater. They will be performing their inspiring Opus Cactus as well as a new piece!!!! I'll be attending at least one performance of each piece. Anyone wanna join me?

I want to provide you with more description but I feel my puny little brain and vocabulary would only taint the exquisite beauty of their work. Momix is best appreciated first hand. Trust me, you won't be sorry you saw them. Not often do you get to appreciate how much good there still is in this world...for surely good still exists if people are able to think and create on this level.


No comments: