Friday, June 24, 2005

Dating for Tech Support

I think I need to start dating from tech support. After spending nearly three hours trying to set up my wireless router last night, I finally gave up and went to bed at 2 in the morning. What a horrible miserable failure. I'm going to give it one last go tonight. If that fails, I'm going to officially pimp myself out for a MSc in Computer Science.

Complete non-sequitor

I have become eerily obsessed with the idea of putting up my own fruit preserves and jams this summer. The thought of making my own jam just tickles me to no extent. I'm researching methods and contemplating recipes and shopping around for jelly jars. Even more exciting than the thought of making jam is the thought of cracking open a self-made jar of jam in the middle of the winter. Here are some of my recipe ideas:

Rhubarb-Fig with Lemon Preserves
Strawberry, Lime, and Mint Preserves
Cranberry-Orange Marmalade
Peach, Vanilla, and Candied Ginger Preserves

I'm a little wary only because I once tried making jam in seventh grade (I was a weird kid) and I failed miserably. I'll let you know if anything comes of my jam adventures.

I wonder if my tech deficencies are related in any way to my jam proclivities?

No comments: