Tuesday, June 28, 2005

From our nation's capital

Greetings from DC! I'm down here for the next few days attending a conference and working.

Don't you just hate it when you build your enthusiasm for something and then plans change and what you thought was going to happen won't happen for several more days. My furniture shop called yesterday and informed me that the sleeper sofa and chair and ottoman that I ordered, which were supposed to be delivered on July 1st, will now be delivered on July 15. I guess I'll be sitting on the floor for a couple more weeks. On the bright side, my cute pedstal dining room table will still be delivered on Friday. So I have a place to work and eat but no place to park my sorry booty. In the grand scheme of things, two weeks is nothing in the life of a sofa.

Oh, I'm painting my bathroom this weekend...and by painting I don't mean just one color. My contractor had painted my bathroom high gloss white. And you know me when I see big white spaces...I gotta fill them. So I'm going to the paint store on friday and picking up a whole slew of those small Benjamin Moore paint samples and I'm gonna paint pictures on my bathroom walls. Great big abstract pictures of...well, that I haven't figured out yet. I'll be doing some major charcoal sketching on my bathroom walls on friday night. I'm taking suggestions. Just to give you an idea, the tiles in my bathroom are sort of a gray with a slight blue hue to them. My bath mat is yellow and my shower curtain is a madras plaid of lilac, yellow, and light green. Yeah, I'm a girl. Anyway, so the pictures on my wall need to sort of match that theme. I'm thinking happy flowers - blue bells, sunflowers, daisies, poppies, lotus blossoms and a few chubby bumble bees and lady bugs to round it all out. Yes, I really, really, really am a girl.

I am now off to sign into my conference.

No comments: