Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend roundup

After spending nearly all of last week in Boston (interesting town. Its best feature is my friend CK), I came home to my semi-messy apartment and promptly jumped into a crazy, fun weekend of merriment. First off was a great girl day with AC whom I hadn't seen in nearly 7 months! Then it was off to see Sufjan Stevens at the Bowery Ballroom. The Castanets opened and they were not good. Actually, they were quite painful. Sufjan Stevens finally hit the stage around midnight and made up for the Castanets. He was quite brilliant. I had loads of fun. I didn't get home until 2:30 in the AM and stayed up until 4 just doodling about. After a lazy Sunday day I met up with the parents and sister for some quality dinner. I gave away 4 jars of jam to the family. Now I'm down to 13 jars of jam.

In other news, the brilliant SS is touching down in NYC on Thursday night. I'm sure I'll have a least a few tales of debauchery by the end of the week.

No comments: