Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Op-Art about Stanley Kunitz


stanley kunitz
Originally uploaded by jboylee.
Stanley Kunitz is a former US poet laureate. This is a beautiful ode to the man that appeared in today's NY Times. I'm assuming that the words on the wall are his own. Click on the picture to see the larger image. Hopefully, you'll be able to read the words in the image. I particularly like this portion...

"You have to fight for your poems. I write my poems in the middle of the night, fairly till dawn sometimes. In the end you are so tired, exhausted, you just jump into bed. Many of my dreams have to do with the woods and the wild creatures. When I go there now, I always try to explore so I can see what traces I can find. The surprising thing is, they have not been invaded or changed. The woods are intact."

No comments: