Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Playing for both teams...not if you're a guy, apparently

So, I came across this article in today's NY Times. What to say. First off, I never knew the numbers of bisexual people were so low. I have known a fair number in my day - but then again I travel in weird crowds.

I always just assumed when my gay friends said that all bi men were just gay men lying to themselves, that they were being selfish and greedy, but this study seems to give them and their cause a little backing. Of course, this study is far to limited to be conclusive in any way. God forbid if some therapist starts actually using this info and telling bisexual men that they are in denial and really gay. Could you imagine the ramifications of that?

One highlight of this article is this quote...

"Most of them seem to lean one way or the other, but that doesn't preclude them from having a relationship with the nonpreferred sex," [said Dr. Diamond.] "You may be mostly interested in women but, hey, the guy who delivers the pizza is really hot, and what are you going to do?"

I've never had quite that thought but it's close enough. I'm more likely to say..."I like mostly men but, hey, that gal dancing in the corner is really hot, oh, and she's looking my way. How do I look?"

No comments: