Friday, February 04, 2005

I WANT TO GO TO THE COACHELLA AND BONNAROO FESTIVALS!!!

I can't stand it! I can't stand it! (Can you tell it's been a slow day at work. Three posts!)

I want to go to Coachella and Bonnaroo!!!! Am I crazy? Yes!

Bonnaroo Festival Line-up (in Manchester, Tennessee) June 10 -12

Mars Volta, My Morning Jacket, Mouse On Mars, Iron & Wine, M. Ward, Joanna Newsom, Rilo Kiley, Trey Anastasio, Benevento / Russo Duo feat. Mike Gordon, Old Crow Medicine Show, Tea Leaf Green, Widespread Panic, Dave Matthews Band, the Allman Brothers Band, Jack Johnson, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Gov't Mule, Bela Fleck Acoustic Trio, John Prine, Yonder Mountain String Band, Keller Williams, STS9, Earl Scruggs & Friends, Joss Stone, O.A.R., Toots and the Maytals, Umphrey's McGee, Ozomatli, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Drive-By Truckers, Particle, Xavier Rudd, Ray Lamontagne, the Gourds, Donna the Buffalo, John Butler, Trio, Ollabelle, Citizen Cope, Brazilian Girls, and Madeleine Peyroux.

Coachella Festival Line-up (in the Coachella Valley, near Death Valley, on a polo field, in the desert, in May,in California - it's HOT!)

Saturday, April 30th: Coldplay, Bauhaus, Weezer, Cocteau Twins, the Chemical Brothers, Wilco, Keane, Snow Patrol, Rilo Kiley, Cafe Tacuba, Doves, Sage Francis, Armin Van Buuren, the Raveonettes, Bloc Party, Mercury Rev, Fantomas, Hernan Cattaneo, Zap Mama, DJ Peretz, the Secret Machines, Jamie Cullum, M83, Ambulance LTD, Four Tet, MF Doom, Josh Wink, Amp Fiddler, Tiga, the Kills, Donavon Frankenreiter, Spoon, Boom Bip, Katie Melua, DJ Marky, Immortal Technique, Jean Grae, Razorlight, Swayzak, Radio 4, Buck 65, Eisley, the Sexy Magazines, k-os.

Sunday, May 1st: Nine Inch Nails, New Order, Bright Eyes, Gang of Four, Prodigy, Black Star, the Faint, Roni Size, the Arcade Fire, Roots Manuva, DJ Krush, Thrice, Junkie XL, M.I.A., British Sea Power, the Dresden Dolls, Miss Kittin, the Fiery Furnaces, Aesop Rock, the Perceptionists, Jem, Autolux, Sixtoo, Tegan and Sara, Stereophonics, The Bravery, Matthew Dear, Diplo, Subtle, Beans, Shout Out Louds, the Futureheads, Sloan, Kasabian, the Blood Brothers, Matmos, Wolf Eyes, Gram Rabbit, Smokestacks, Zion I.

3 comments:

cackmandu said...

Bonnaroo is on my things to do. Probably next year. We just bought the 2002 DVD and it is great. I would suggest you buy it. I of course had zero idea about music until I met my wife. She has opened tons of doors for me. Do you now Wilco? We are going to go see them in DC later this month.

Bo said...

Fantastic! Even more reason to like you. Yes, I like Wilco. You should check out thier collaboration with Billy Bragg - Mermaid Ave. and Mermaid Ave. 2. They took lyrics written by the great Woody Gutherie and set them to music. Wonderful!

cackmandu said...

Was there a reason you shouldn't have liked me? My wife is all over the Bragg thing. She has downloaded a ton of Wilco stuff and makes me listen to them. I guess they will be filming a movie while they're doing the 2 shows in DC. My wife wants to get front row and be in the bands DVD. Pretty funny if you ask me. Like I said, I will do my damndest to get Bonnaroo tickets NEXT year. I really do suggest you get that 2002 DVD. It is amazing. Me and my wife are fans of Ween and they do a great show. She used to watch them all the time growing up outside of Philly. My wife is 10 times cooler than I am.