Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The simpleton that I am

I'm such a little simpleton. Just about anything can make me giddy.

Like:
Eating Trader Joe rice crackers.
or
Having 'boogeybaby' as my email address. You'd think I'd have gotten over the amusement of that one by now.
or
Sharing five hours with Ms. Fong on Saturday night and gorging on tasty vittles.
or
The extra syllables rap artists tack on to make their flow more smooth. For example: "I see 'em on the block when I passes/ Lookin' like they need oxygen mask-es" Courtesy of the artist Fabolous.
or
My friend Dave "the man".
or
My huge pink bathrobe.
or
Singing a karaoke version of Camron's "Hey Ma". How can you not smile when you hear the chorus - "Hey ma." "What's up?" "Let's slide." "All right." "All right." "We gon' get it on tonight."
or
Puppies with too big paws.
or
"A Poem of Friendship" by Nikki Giovanni

A Poem of Friendship
by Nikki Giovanni

We are not lovers
because of the love
we make
but the love
we have

We are not friends
because of the laughs
we spend
but the tears
we save

I don't want to be near you
for the thoughts we share
but the words we never have
to speak

I will never miss you
because of what we do
but what we are
together

No comments: