Thursday, February 17, 2005

Something to do on Monday

Yeah...almost the start of a three day weekend...and what a weekend it will be...

Thursday night - kicking off with a night of pottery painting with the fabulous momma LB.
Friday - Celebrate KLo's 30th @ Fez!!! I haven't been to Fez since we sent EF across the pond. Wow! Full circle.
Saturday - Hopefully spend the day hitting the sample sales with the aforementioned Ms. KLo
Saturday night - Dinner with KC and friends at Chubo.
Sunday - A day of relaxation and getting centered
Monday - President's Day. An interesting activity for the day - I saw this in Time Out NY this morning: "The Spirit of The Gates" - Join Buddhist monks and other religious leaders from different faiths in a silent, meditative procession through Christo's Gates exhibit in Central Park. A short outdoor service at 72nd St. and Central Park West will take place directly after the walk. Meet at the corner of 72nd St. and Fifth Ave. 2pm - 4pm. Let's see if I can get this booty above 14th street by 2pm.

Here's a question for all you caffeine drinkers out there...How do you do it? The other day, prior to walking into a 4 hour meeting with 10 partners at a law firm, I was feeling a bit sleepy. I decided to drink a 1/3 cup of coffee. Oh boy! Big mistake!! I spent the next 6 hours oscillating between nausea and ADD. Granted I don't drink much caffeine...but man alive...it got to me. To top it all off, the caffeine left me so wired I didn't fall asleep until 3:30 in the morning. And I drank the coffee at 2 in the afternoon. Note to self, no coffee for me.

2 comments:

cackmandu said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Monday sounds really cool. As far as caffiene goes I am a non user. My wife can't function without it. There is a new coffee place down the street and we like to support local business. I sent my wife to go get me a cup of something and I wanted a triple shot. Well, she came back with the carmel delight and it was good. I had asked if she got me the triple dose. NO! She said. Turned out to be a good thing. I drank it at 4p.m. and was up until 5am. Good thing it was a weekend.

Bo said...

Good to know I'm not the only one so sensitive to caffine!